Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Taco Corn Casserole

Years ago I went to the pot luck supper at my church and tasted the yummiest casserole. I thought, hey! I should be able to figure this out. So, I conducted one of my cooking experiments that are known for being either really yummy or really awful, rarely in between.  Lucky for me and my family, this was one of the yummy ones.  Now, it has been one of our favorite dinners for years! So, here it is for you my followers. If you haven't clicked to follow my blog, please do...I need followers to make this worthwhile. :) THank you!

Taco Corn Casserole
2 boxes Jiffy cornbread (must be Jiffy, this is the secret to it's yumminess)
2 eggs( or egg beaters)
1 c milk
2 cans cream style corn
1-1/2 c grated cheese ( I like Mexican blend, but it can be any you like)
1 lb ground meat (chicken, turkey or beef is fine) browned and drained
1 pkg taco seasoning

Preheat oven to 350*.
Brown meat in skillet, drain and stir in seasoning, set aside.
Mix 1 box cornbread in a bowl with 1 egg and 1/2 c milk. pour and spread on bottom of greased casserole baking dish, Dish can be round, square or rectangle. about medium sized. (9x13 is too big, btw).
pour 1 can corn on top, spread out. Top with 1/2 the cheese then meat mixture. next layer the rest of the cheese and the other can of corn. Mix the other box of cornbread with the remaining egg and milk and spread over top of casserole. Bake uncovered for 35 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment