Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

Lemon Pepper Chicken

So, Rowdy asked me to send him a healthy lunch this year so he could get into shape for football. One day recently he told me about lunchtime with his friends. At lunch a bunch of the boys trade things in their from home lunches or school bought lunches with each other. Rowdy said no one wanted to trade with him because everything he brings is healthy. He said this in a way that made it a good thing in his eyes. :) However, I sent him a mini candy bar I had on hand the next day so he would have a trade item. He traded it for a chicken sandwich that he said was SO good. Today I decided to bake up a batch of chicken cutlets to make him some chicken sandwiches for his lunch this week. I baked most of them and grilled up 2 in my grill pan just to see which was better. I prefer the grilled and will do that in the future. But, here is the recipe I came up with, very simple!

Lemon Pepper Chicken

2 lbs Organic Chicken Cutlets
1 lemon (zested and juiced)
4 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
3 Tbls Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 pinches of salt and pepper to taste

Using a gallon sized zipper bag put in all the ingredients, except the chicken. Zip it up and mush( a technical term-hee hee) it all around. Add cutlets, zip and mush again. Press the air out of the bag and lay flat in the fridge for at least 1 hour. ( I left mine in for about 4) Remove and bake at 350* for 25 minutes or grill in pan or on outside grill.
See? so easy and YUM!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment