Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Creamy Cheesy Pasta

I made a version of this pasta one time and forgot to write down the recipe. My kids all loved it especially my 12yo Rowdy. It is so simple and easy and best of all fast for those busy nights when you dont really feel like eating. You can add you favorite chicken recipe with it and serve it as a side or just have it be the main dish. 


Creamy Cheesy Pasta


3 Tbls unsalted butter (or whatever spread you use, I used coconut oil spread) softened to room temp
1 cup shredded cheese (I used mozzarella but, parmesan/romano mix is good too)
1/2 c of cream cheese (I used this new greek cream cheese I saw recently and it gives it a great flavor)
1 pkg of your favorite pasta (I used Fusilli Caserecci)
Salt and pepper
1/4 c pasta water

Boil pasta per direction on the package. Reserve 1/4 cup and drain pasta in a colander.
Place butter, cheese and cream cheese in a bowl and mix together add reserved pasta water after pasta is done. add salt and pepper to taste. You won't need much salt but, I prefer lots of pepper. Add to warm pasta and stir. Done. YUM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment