Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

my first pair of shoes

I bought the first pair of shoes I tried on. Once I got them home I realized that they were not a good fit. But, I shoved my feet into them anyway and wore them for 18yrs. Over those years I developed blisters and there were days of such pain I wasnt sure how much longer I could wear them. But, then my feet got used to the pain and I began to not notice it so much. I worked very hard to love those ill fitting shoes no matter how much they hurt my feet. Then one day those shoes just went missing, When I looked I saw they were on someone else's feet. At first I was so mad that she had my shoes, but once I saw them on her feet I never wanted them back. When I think about how hard those shoes were to wear I wonder why it makes me mad someone else took them, but since then I have realized that one day I will find a pair that fit like a glove and wont cause me so many painful blisters. I will walked proudly and confidently in them, they will be supportive and take me places, I will feel like I am walking on air in them. This time my search will be more careful, I will wait for the right fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment