Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Roasted Veggies and Pesto Brown Rice

So, tonight I had to drive Logan out to his theater banquet and on the way back it was already 6pm.  I was tired and tempted to go thru a drive thru for dinner, but I couldnt figure out where to go and still get something healthy and vegan.  So, I decided to go home and dig out the potatoes I had found on sale the other day and whatever veggies I could find and stick them in the oven. Here is what I made.

I cut up the rest of the new potatoes I had leftover from another meal, a few of the yellow potatoes I found on sale, a red bell pepper, some carrots, broccoli and cawliflower from a bag, a purple onion from the church garden I had been needing to use, and a tomato.  I laid them out on a cookie sheet and sprinkled them with olive oil, salt and pepper, then just to try it I drizzled just a little of my new find White Truffle Oil.  I baked it all on 400* for about 20 minutes.  In the meantime I made some boil in the bag brown rice, I added some vegan butter salt, pepper, lemon pepper and a teaspoon of pesto to the rice. To serve I put some of the rice on a plate and topped with the veggies. YUM!! I think the truffle oil was the kicker, but this was a yummy dinner.
For dessert I sliced up some strawberries and added some coconut sugar. delicious!

I have leftovers and am looking forward to lunch tomorrow. This healthy eating thing is not so bad. (although I have to admit I am craving something sweet, really need to get on those brown krisps treats tomorrow)

No comments:

Post a Comment