Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Pesto Veganese Spread

So, when I went to Central Market yesterday I go a sandwich from thier deli bacause I was starving. It was a turkey pesto on sourdough. I only ate half so I gave the other half to Rowdy after school and he raved about it. Today while I was out I grabbed some ingredients to recreate that sandiwch, only vegan.  I got whole wheat bread, tofurky sandwich slices, vegan smoked provolone, veganese(vegan mayo), daikon sprouts(tons of vitamins), and though I should make my own I finally gave up and got jarred pesto(this has a bit of parmesean cheese in it).  Whe he got home from school we went to work. First we mixed up the basil mayo, layered the tofurky, cheese, daikon sprouts, flat italian parsley. I added tomatoes and green olives to mine.  Well, YUM! It was a hit. I didnt tell Rowdy it was tofurky or vegan cheese, but I will now that he loves it. I love my foodie boy!

1 comment:

  1. bought it at Sprouts-they say discontinued item--it is WONDERFUL-WOW is all I can say.

    ReplyDelete